Last words of tourist killed in horror shark attack on final day of holiday revealed


The final words of a tourist who was killed in a horror shark attack on the final day of her holiday have been revealed.

A 68-year-old Austrian woman died in an ambulance from “shock” after “losing an arm and leg” at a popular Egyptian resort on Friday.

Chilling video footage had shown her swimming back to shore after the attack in the Red Sea.

The incident was at Sahl Hasheesh, a popular bay on the Red Sea coast of Egypt, close to Hurghada.

In the wake of the Friday attack, swimming, diving, snorkelling and fishing from the area to Makadi Bay was prohibited for three days, said local reports.

The tourist’s last words have now come to light, reports the MailOnline. She told her partner shortly before the attack: “I’ll go back in for a moment.”

Videos had been filmed by watching Russian tourists who bemoaned the lack of lifeguards or rescuers.

The woman’s blood was seen in the water as she struggled – wearing a flipper – to make her way back to a pier.

A large crowd watched the drama but no-one was seen entering the water to help the woman.

Other reports say tourists rushed out of the water when the woman was attacked and tried to “distract the shark from the victim”.

The victim was apparently married to an Egyptian man and lived with him in the country.

Russian witnesses saw that she had lost an arm but did not mention a severed leg.

One said: “People are rushing out of the sea. There’s no ambulance, there’s no-one helping her.

“She’s got no arm – up to her elbow. The shark grabbed her and twisted her around.”

On one video, watching Russians are heard saying: “Where are the rescuers? F***, she’s covered in blood. The shark bit her arm off.

“Where’s the rescue team? Where’s the shark? Lifeguards? Where are the lifeguards? She’s going to f***ing die.”

The woman made it to the shore but then died apparently from extreme shock caused by pain from the vicious attack.

“Doctors fought for her life for a long time, giving her cardiopulmonary resuscitation, but she could not be saved,” said one account.